Our multi-disciplinary team of licensed clinicians are trained in wound care to promote healing in acute and chronic wounds such as vascular, diabetic, surgical, incontinence and pressure ulcers, stomas, draining wounds, fistulas and stasis ulcers. Our Wound Care Program is directed by a Wound Care Certified (WCC) nurse, who provides an extensive training and competency program for each nurse employed by Family Care Visiting Nurse. Our comprehensive wound care program is designedto produce the best outcomes in wound healing by utilizing cost effective products and current best practices.
- Preventing infection or other complications and helping the patient heal and return to their normal activities of daily living.
- Prevent development of pressure ulcers
- Decrease wound healing time
- Prevent re-hospitalization related to wound infection or wound deterioration
- Assess and evaluate acute and chronic wounds
- Monitor skin around wound for signs of infection
- Application of Unna Boot and/or compression therapy
- Nutrition Counseling to promote wound healing
- Incontinence management
- On-site hospital and facility assessments
- Application of VAC ( Vacuum Assisted Closure) devices to promote wound healing
Ready VAC Program
Family Care Visiting Nurse and Home Care Agency was the first Home Care Agency in the state of CT to adopt the KCI Ready VAC Program. This program allows a KCI wound VAC to be kept on the premises of each of our 5 locations to ensure timely delivery of the VAC to the patient’s home.