Cardiac disease is one of the most frequent diagnoses of patients treated by Family Care Visiting Nurse. With Congestive Heart Failure being the #1 reason for hospital re-admissions, Family Care Visiting Nurse has created a multi-disciplinary team focused on reducing hospital readmissions by restoring patients health and improving life-style behaviors.
What are the goals?
- Improving patient compliance with medication
- Decrease re-hospitalizations
- Restore independence with daily activities
- Promote Healthy eating habits
- Monitor weight and provide daily log
- Auscultate heart rate, lung sounds, and check peripheral pulses
- Monitor Oxygen saturation rates
- Assess and grade Fluid Status
- Measure abdominal girth
- Provide you and your family with education regarding medications, disease process, symptom management, daily weights, diet and exercise